- Follow AESOP Young Academics on WordPress.com
- Swachh Bharat: An urban reform
- Urban Heat Island for Beginners *
- Design thinking for Bucharest business district areas. Experimental workshop – outside view @Kaleidoscope
- Online participatory mapping for spatial planning
- Design thinking for Bucharest business district areas. Experimental workshop – inside view @Urban INC
The YA on twitterMy Tweets
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
This blog claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images from third parties are used for research and critique purposes and are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.
Tag Archives: gentrification
Many European cities experienced strong rent price increases over the last decade, which increasingly threaten to displace poorer parts of the society from urban centres. Despite the already tightly regulated housing market, rents in several German cities increased by almost … Continue reading
Bye Bye Barcelona (here the website) is the second summer movie of the YAblog. It is a well-documented and powerful documentary about how tourism and gentrification are changing Barcelona. Some may find similarities with what’s going one in their own … Continue reading
While local policies to mitigate the displacement caused by gentrification are critical– perhaps now more than at any time in the last half century–local governments in the U.S. have little incentive to adopt such policies. A recent article in The Atlantic … Continue reading